Charlie was well known as a mentor for those wanting to get into the live sound industry. Through collaboration with Charlie’s family, Wigwam and the industry’s biggest names, we created our first live sound training programme to continue his legacy. Alumni from our live sound training programmes have since gone on to work with the biggest names, including George Michael, Adele and Sam Fender.
Our equipment-packed live venue is your classroom. This is where our live sound students learn their craft and where our music performance students prepare for the big stage. We play host to exciting events and showcase concerts, where many of our student’s ideas come into fruition. Many bands and artists have also used this space for rehearsal, tour pre-production and live recording, including Courteneers, Tito Jackson and ShadowParty. Our students are able to assist in these sessions and gain unique experience.
The greatest asset of our Charlie Jones Live Venue is its flexibility. We have the option to run a point source PA system, commonly found in smaller venues, or a complete Turbosound line array. Would the band prefer to monitor from floor wedges or utilise wireless in-ears? Would you like another engineer to create the monitor mix or do you want to handle that from front of house? On top of that, we have a range of analogue and digital consoles for you to choose from, digital audio networking options and a dedicated selection of microphones and backline equipment.
Virtual tour and gallery
- Turbosound Line Array PA System
- d&b Q-Series point source PA system
- Midas Pro 2 Digital console
- Soundcraft Vi1 Digital console
- Allen & Heath SQ-6 consoles (x2)
- Soundcraft MH2 32-channel analogue console
- Midas M32 Digital Console with DL16 Stagebox
- Behringer X32 Producer Digital Console
- Allen & Heath GL 2800 32-channel console
- Drawmer, Yamaha and Klark Teknik processors
- Martin Audio monitor wedges
- Shure wireless microphones
- Sennheiser wireless monitoring systems
- AES50, Dante and A&H digital audio networking
- Dedicated microphones, stands and backline
Interested in studying with us?
Click below to start your application, register for an open day or get in touch with any questions