* Please note: in light of the new restrictions put in place by the UK Government on 5 January 2021, our ‘Creating Spaces’ Residency has been postponed until further notice. We have put a pause on all applications for now and will not be processing any of the applications we’ve already received until a new deadline has been set.
Please keep an eye on our social media channels and our website for updates.
As part of our mission to make music education more accessible and inclusive, we are launching our very first in-house residency ‘Creating Spaces’ – for music creators, makers and producers across Greater Manchester who identify as women* or non-binary.
Our 5-week residency will provide a safe space for 5 creatives to push their artistic boundaries, develop their identities as artists and grow as collaborators.
‘Creating Spaces’ will take place within our studios in Manchester, two evenings a week between 8 February – 12 March 2021.
Throughout the course of the residency, you will work with established artists, producers and engineers within the industry and take part in a series of creative, mentoring and confidence building workshops, culminating in a virtual performance to celebrate International Women’s Day.
The virtual performance will be live streamed from our Charlie Jones Live Venue to Reform Radio on 12 March 2021.
Who is it for?
We want to hear from curious creatives from a range of genres, backgrounds and disciplines, including: audiovisual artists, producers, DJs, songwriters, musicians and audio engineers.
There are five spaces available on our ‘Creating Spaces’ music residency, to apply you should:
- Identify as a woman, transgender, non-binary or gender non-confirming person
- Aged 16 or above
- Based in Greater Manchester or surrounding areas
How to apply
If you would like to take part in the residency, please complete the short online form below by 11 January 2021, 5pm.
If you require further assistance, please call 0161 276 2100, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is involved?
Creating Spaces will take place between 8 February – 12 March 2021 within our studios in Manchester.
You will be expected to attend both workshops per week, for the duration of the 5 week residency.
Throughout the residency you will:
- Work alongside industry professionals and well-established artists, including IORA Music, Ruby Tingle, Kelsey Brooks, Oneda, Dr Mystery and Natasha Nur
- Develop your personal and professional skills as a creative
- Collaborate with other creatives to work towards a live performance
- Develop your skills using software and hardware
*Our use of the word ‘women’ is inclusive of anyone who identifies as a woman, non-binary or gender non-confirming person, including transgender women.